The municipal law attorneys of Towne, Ryan & Partners, P.C. have decades of experience working with municipalities and governmental subdivisions on everyday legal issues and litigation.
Over the course of years, members of the Firm have worked with municipalities including counties, cities, villages, towns, school districts, libraries, planning boards, community colleges and community action groups. Not only have we worked with the municipalities and their respective governing bodies, we’ve also assisted their police, fire and highway departments in dealing with a host of issues which are encountered both in and out of the arena of litigation.
Municipalities and governmental subdivisions are faced with unique issues and require attorneys who are familiar with the problems they face on a daily basis. Towne, Ryan & Partners, P.C. has developed significant skills and experience handling the variety and complexity of issues faced by the Firm’s municipal clients and prides itself on its ability to work well with the various governing bodies to address their particular needs.
- Annexation defense and detachment representation
- Article 78 proceedings
- Civil service laws including discipline, reduction in force, reclassification of titles
- Collective bargaining
- Contract arbitrations
- Contract grievances
- Defending employment matters in State & Federal Courts
- Defending First Amendment claims
- Defending police matters
- Employee training
- FOIL issues and opinions
- Labor relations and employment law
- Open Meetings Law and executive sessions
- Ordinance drafting and enforcement
- PILOT issues
- Progressive discipline
- Tax Certiorari matters (Article 7 proceedings)
- Taxing issues
- Land use, zoning, planning and land division