The Towne Law Firm, P.C. is a reliable resource for clients with regard to compliance with the broad spectrum of environmental law regulation and enforcement issues that affect their businesses.
Private and public enterprises working to understand complex federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations need experienced and dependable legal counsel. We provide clients from large and small businesses, industrial and commercial enterprises, school districts, public corporations and municipalities with practical guidance on existing and anticipated environmental law requirements.
Our environmental law attorneys provide counsel and representation in environmental law areas including:
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA)
- Project development and facility siting
- Hazardous waste
- Release reporting
- Consent orders
- Voluntary clean-up agreements
- Health and safety
- Air quality
- Solid waste
- Storage tanks
- Water quality
- Compliance with Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations “CAFO” for race tracks and farms
- State Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (SPDES) Permitting
Principal Jim Towne has handled litigation dealing with a wide variety of environmental issues, counseled successful SEQRA applications and compliance regarding wetlands and represented clients in environmental issues for a variety of commercial development projects. He represented New York State as lead counsel during the development of Tioga Downs Raceway in Tioga County.