The Towne Law Firm, P.C. are business attorneys in Albany, New York who work with clients facing a range of business law needs. Whether you need assistance with a business sale or are facing business litigation, the Towne Law Firm, P.C. is an Albany, New York commercial lawyer that may be able to help you. Whether you are facing a common business litigation issue like an intellectual property dispute, a breach of contract issue, an employment dispute, a partnership dispute, or a personal injury case against your business, the Towne Law Firm, P.C. is a business attorney in Albany, New York that can assist you with these business litigation needs. If now is the time to sell your business, the Towne Law Firm, P.C. can help. Contact the Towne Law Firm, P.C. a commercial lawyer in Albany, New York today to learn more.
Common Types of Business Litigation
If your business is facing a lawsuit or dispute, a business litigation law firm like the Towne Law Firm, P.C. in Albany, New York may be able to help you resolve your dispute either inside or outside of court. The best way to avoid business litigation is to prevent it by having strong preventative measures in place, namely carefully-worded and clear contracts between business partners and clients, clear employment contracts and expectations, and sound business partnership documents. However, sometimes disputes arise anyway. What are some common types of business disputes? Common business disputes include the following:
- Breach of Contract. Both parties have a responsibility to honor a contract when they enter into one. However, sometimes either due to lack of clarity in the contract or due to other issues, one party may fail to honor a contract. The Towne Law Firm, P.C. is a business litigation law firm in Albany, New York that may be able to assist you with resolving a contract dispute either inside or outside of court.
- Employment Disputes. There are many different types of employment disputes that can arise. For example, a business could face litigation from an employee for wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, unpaid wages, and more. Understanding your responsibilities to your employees and taking steps to protect your company is important. However, even companies that have a strong human resources department and steps to handle issues can still face litigation from employees. If you are facing an employment dispute, the Towne Law Firm, P.C. in Albany, New York may be able to help you with your business litigation needs.
- Intellectual Property. For many businesses, the foundation of the business is their intellectual property. If another company is stealing your intellectual property or copying your process, you may have a claim under the law. The Towne Law Firm, P.C. in Albany, New York may be able to help you.
- Partnership Disputes. Sometimes partnerships split up. When this happens, the division of a business can sometimes involve complex procedures and legal issues. If you are facing a “business divorce” having a lawyer on your side to navigate the process can be helpful. The Towne Law Firm, P.C. is an Albany, New York business litigation lawyer that may be able to help you.
- Business Lawsuits. A business can face lawsuits for a number of reasons. If someone was injured on your business premises, you could be facing a lawsuit. If someone is injured using your product you could face a product liability lawsuit. The Towne Law Firm, P.C. in Albany, New York is a business litigation law firm that may be able to assist you if you are facing a business lawsuit.
These are just some of the many business litigation issues that can arise. If you are facing a business litigation issue, reach out to the Towne Law Firm, P.C. an Albany, New York business litigation lawyer today. Business litigation can be stressful, but with proper representation you can often protect your rights and defend your business from frivolous claims. We can also fight to protect your rights. We can help.
Business Sale Attorneys in Albany, New York
Are you putting your business up for sale? Are you thinking of buying a business? The business sale and purchase process can be complex and can often involve many moving parts. Having a business sale attorney in Albany, New York on your side to help you navigate many of the issues that can arise can be important to getting the best possible outcome. When selling your business, it is important to assess the value of the business, so that you know what it’s worth and how to price it. You’ll also want to have relevant and important business records properly organized. When selling your business, the buyer will want to review these documents before buying your business. You’ll also need a business sale document that clearly outlines exactly what you are selling. Selling a business can mean you are selling the business and its assets, including real estate and equipment, or it can mean that you are only selling a business’s intellectual property. Having a clear business sale contract in place that specifically outlines what is for sale and what is not for sale is important. A business sale attorney can help you every step of the way with your business sale process. The Towne Law Firm, P.C. is a business sale attorney in Albany, New York that can help.