Towne, Ryan & Partners, P.C. has the experienced team you need to help resolve your not-for-profit law concerns and assist you in maintaining your charitable designation both with the IRS and the NYS Charities Bureau. We help your organization balance the numerous state and federal laws that need to be considered to meet all the requirements for an IRS 501©(3) or a 501©(6) entity.
Our attorneys are experienced in creating and managing not-for-profit organizations. This unique knowledge is passed on to all of our not-for-profit clients. It is also the reason why our attorneys are asked to serve as board members for various local, regional and international not-for-profit organizations.
Whether you are an educational, religious or charitable organization, or a qualified business league, Towne, Ryan & Partners, P.C., will work diligently to represent your organization’s interests effectively. With five New York locations and an office in Vermont, our Firm stands ready to be a powerful partner on behalf of your organization.
We provide a wide range of legal counsel and services including:
- Accountability and auditing structure
- Articles of incorporation
- Economic activity
- Financial disclosure
- Fundraising compliance
- Good Governance
- Provisions for the amendment of the statutes
- Provisions for the dissolution of the entity
- Requirements for Tax Exemption
- State and Federal Tax Issues
- Supervision and management provisions
- Tax status of corporate and private donors