Towne, Ryan & Partners, P.C. has the experienced team you need to help resolve your not-for-profit law concerns. We help your organization balance the numerous state and federal laws that need to be considered to meet all the requirements for an IRS 501©(3) or a 501©(6) entity.
Our attorneys are experienced in creating and managing not-for-profit organizations. This unique knowledge is passed on to all of our not-for-profit clients. It is also the reason why our attorneys are asked to serve as board members for various local, regional and international not-for-profit organizations.
Whether you are an educational, religious or charitable organization, or a qualified business league, Towne, Ryan & Partners, P.C., will work diligently to represent your organization’s interests effectively. With five New York locations and an office in Vermont, our Firm stands ready to be a powerful partner on behalf of your organization.
We provide a wide range of legal counsel and services including:
- Accountability and auditing structure
- Articles of incorporation
- Economic activity
- Financial disclosure
- Fundraising compliance
- Good Governance
- Provisions for the amendment of the statutes
- Provisions for the dissolution of the entity
- Requirements for Tax Exemption
- State and Federal Tax Issues
- Supervision and management provisions
- Tax status of corporate and private donors